News Brief August 2017
Family Support provides training and technical assistance to Parents as Teachers providers, Children’s Trust Funds grantees and the Strengthening Families Leadership Team. Regularly a PA Family Support News Brief is released covering topics including, but not limited to, Parents as Teachers Model Fidelity and Training, Strengthening Families Protective Factors, Prevention of Child Abuse and Childhood Injury Prevention.
The Pennsylvania Parents as Teachers Conference was a success with over 150 participants joining us for one or both conference days. Feedback received during the event as well as through the event evaluation was very positive. 94% of participants who completed the online evaluation found the conference to be useful with the same number feeling it enhanced their professional development. The PA PAT State Office appreciates the formal feedback received but also encourages those that didn’t respond via the survey link to still share their thoughts and suggestions regarding the event. We strive to host an event that allows participants to dig a little deeper about Parents as Teachers and learn from one another by sharing successes and challenges. We thank OCDEL and all of our presenters who shared their knowledge and skills over the two days; and we thank all of the participants for being actively involved in this professional development opportunity.
2015-2016 Affiliate Performance Report for Pennsylvania
Parents as Teachers is an evidence-based parent education and family engagement model serving families throughout pregnancy until their child enters kindergarten. Found on the attached pdf is a summary of services provided in Pennsylvania by model affiliates from July-1, 2015 – June 30, 2016.
Registration is open!
The 2017 Parents as Teachers International Conference will be held November 29th to December 1st in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The theme for this year’s conference is “Family Engagement: Making Connections Matter.”
Registration is now open.
We look forward to seeing you in Philly!
Congratulations to the following affiliates who have earned the National Center’s Blue Ribbon Endorsement.
- ARIN IU #28/ARIN Intermediate Unit 28
- Cameron County Family Center for Child Development/Cameron County Commissioners
- Child Development – Parents as Teachers/Erie School District/Erie Family Center
- Columbia County Family Center – P.A.T./Columbia County Commissioners – County Government
- Early Head Start/PAT – Council of Three Rivers American Indian Center
- Fulton County Family Partnership, Inc.
- GNA Family Center – Parents as Teachers/Greater Nanticoke Area School District
- Perry County Family Center, Inc.
- The Guidance Center/Parents as Teachers (Jefferson County)
- The Guidance Center/PAT (McKean County)